Today is a day to remember. I have been aware of this day for several years now. Each year it comes it is a bittersweet day, Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day. A day I appreciate because it recognizes my lost little ones and a day I dread because it sears into my heart the reality that I have lost so many little ones. October 15th, Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day. At 7:00 pm in each time zone on this day baby loss families will light a candle for one hour in memory of their babies, creating a continuous wave of light.
I came across the story of a couple who had three children. They wanted another one and when the mother was pregnant with her fourth child she found out the baby girl had a life threatening condition and would not survive past birth and she may not even survive to term and in fact she did die shortly after her birth. It is an amazing and beautiful story of life, love and pain. A song was written for their little baby, "I Will Carry You". I have posted the link to the song below. If you ever wonder how I feel about losing my babies, this song says it all. It is the perfect song for me for this day. I have also posted the links to their full story. It is a bit long, about 30 minutes in three parts, but it so worth watching! This mother's words could be mine...I have thought many times that I shouldn't think about the could haves and the would haves. My babies were never going to live longer than the short moments they did. That was God's plan for them all along, His plan for me all along. And there is some measure of comfort in that. I am thankful God allowed me to carry them as long as he did. For allowing their little hearts to beat, their little arms and legs to wiggle, thankful that their days were lived out inside of me even if for just a short time. I carry them all, every day. I carry them on a chain around my neck, I carry them in a box of saved mementos from their short little lives, I carry them in the bright face and smile of my sweet Riley, I carry them in my heart...always and forever and no matter what.
"I Will Carry You"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2CnUtVY35o&feature=related
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQYda-mkTM&feature=relmfu
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzp2mu2g5c&feature=related
Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD_HmwjPm80&feature=relmfu
No comments:
Post a Comment